Monday 12 July 2010

Quick update

Busy busy busy. Been doing so much recently! It's been lots of fun though.

Been given quite a few hours at work recently. I finished my induction yesterday, that was exciting. And gives me a 10p pay rise! I actually really like the training they give me - it's very structured, and covers various areas that I'm interested in anyway, like child development and current theory about good customer service. The health and safety section was a bit of a nightmare, otherwise all good. Now I'm studying for my Bronze award - when I finish bronze, silver and gold I get a certificate in retail!

Been busy outside work too. On Wednesday I went to the local Alzheimer's Society Open Evening. I volunteered for them a lot while I was unemployed, and like to still help out when I can. All the people involved are lovely and the night was very successful. And was a great self-esteem boost for me!

Friday night I went to a 21st party. I hadn't seen most of the people there for several years, it was really good to catch up with them. Probably drank slightly too much, but it was so much fun and I felt OK for work the next day. Even got my boyfriend to dance with me even though he wasn't drinking, that was exciting! It was a really good night. I think a lot about who I am and who I want to be, and it was one of those nights where I almost reached my ridiculous standards. Except there's one photo of me where I look really fat. Have been eating far too much recently, need to keep an eye on that...

Today went to a family barbecue. Lots of family, lots of food, lots of fun. And a very cute dog! It was nice to catch up with everyone. And the food was so good, not helpful for the whole "keeping an eye on that" thing. The diet starts tomorrow and all that.

I might even be serious - going to Portugal next Sunday, hoping to look at least acceptable in a bikini!

Depression is still an on-going problem, always in the back of my mind, but it does feel like going up to 40mg was a good idea, feeling a lot better than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment