Wednesday 1 September 2010

Good day!

So I spent my first proper day with my best friend since May. (I did see him on Sunday, and it was great at first, but then he got tired and irritable, which was fair enough, but at the time caused me to get irritated too and it was... complicated. But that doesn't matter now!)

And yeah, today was really good. It was nice, it felt like the first time in a long time where we just spent a normal day hanging out, having fun. I was so stressed before he went, with the depression crap and unemployment crap and everything else, and he was getting really unhappy at his job, and then quit his job and got more stressed, and got worked up about his trip, and the friendship became extremely dysfunctional.

But I think his trip has been really beneficial for both of us. I had some time to clear my head and take a proper look at myself and where I wanted to be, and him leaving was probably what pushed me over the edge and made me go get the private counselling. He's come back refreshed and motivated with some idea of what he wants to do with his life now and how to achieve it.

And we just had fun. We watched TV, we played games, we ate lots of pizza. We laughed, lots. There was no tension, no drama, no stress. I do feel like I'm in a very good place now.

No comments:

Post a Comment