Monday 6 September 2010

It's playtime!

So every Tuesday morning between 10am and 12pm, our shop has a playtime. The person who usually runs it is on holiday at the moment, so I've been entrusted with it tomorrow! I have no idea how it's going to go, but I'm really excited!

I've only been working during playtime once, and it was really quiet. I only actually played with one child. But recently there's been a lot more promotion of the event, so hopefully it should be fairly busy. But not scary busy!

At least I know what I want to do. I've run it by a few people and they think it's a good idea. We're going to design our own Very Hungry Caterpillars! There's a big push on books right now, so it seemed a good place to start. It's fairly flexible, so hopefully children of all ages will be able to enjoy it. I'm hoping I might have a chance to read the book to them too, although not sure about that.

I have been able to be a lot more creative at work recently, it's been really fun. I coloured in a leaflet promoting a new range of collectables. And then made a mask of one of the characters from the range. And used these really cool like wax pipe cleaners to make a flower and a blue bird. And covered the shop in balloons! I'd forgotten that I am actually quite creative (although not imaginative, which is confusing and can make being creative difficult). It's been a nice discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment